NOTE: ATTENDING AN ORIENTATION IS MANDATORY FOR ANY GRAPHICS STUDENTS WANTING TO INTERN THIS SPRING.
Four days have been set for the Spring 2013 Mandatory Graphics Internship Orientation. In order to register for an internship this SPRING TERM, you MUST attend ONE of these meetings:
East Campus Orientations
Monday Nov 26th at 5pm in 1-214
Tuesday Nov 27th at 12pm in 1-214
Thursday, Dec 6th from 1-2pm in 1-214
West Campus Orientations
Wednesday, Nov 28th @ 2PM, West Graphics Lab, 5-130
Thursday, Nov. 29th @ 5PM, West Graphics Lab, 5-130
NOTE: NO ONE-ON-ONE ORIENTATIONS ARE POSSIBLE AND YOU MUST ATTEND ONE OF THESE MEETINGS TO BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER FOR THE SPRING TERM!!!
Who should attend?
Anyone planning to register for a Spring 2013 Internship who has met the prerequisite requirements.
How do I apply for an internship?
1. If you have already taken (or are currently taking) the prerequisite graphics courses (GRA21826 OR GRA2143) you need to fill out the Internship Application form on-line through Atlas. The Fall internship application process will only be available in Atlas (under the My Courses tab) from October 8th until December 7th. Instructions for how/where to fill out the application are here: http://valenciacollege.edu/internship/students/InternshipApplicationProcedures.cfm
YOU WILL NEED TO PRINT THE ACADEMIC PROFILE PAGE OF YOUR APPLICATION AND BRING IT WITH YOU TO THE GRAPHICS ORIENTATION – DO NOT TAKE IT TO THE INTERNSHIP OFFICE.
2. Print your resume and bring it with you. Although you will be uploading your resume to your application, it’s good to bring a printed copy of your resume in case you’re needing feedback during the orientation.
3. Attend one of the Mandatory Graphics Orientation meetings (dates above) and bring with you the following:
- Copy of your unofficial transcript indicating that you have taken or are currently enrolled in the prerequisite course(s), and
- Copy of your well-designed <http://www.flickr.com/photos/vccgraphics/sets/72157594208954864/> and edited personal resumé, and
- Printout of your ACADEMIC PROFILE PAGE from your application from step 1 above.
Attending this meeting without bringing the paperwork listed above will delay us registering you for internship.
4. Once you have been approved for an internship at the mandatory orientation, the internship office will be notified and provided with your application for processing (note this may take a couple of weeks). The internship office will then register you for the course and/or provide you with the override so you can register via atlas. There is no way to register for internship without this override and the internship office cannot give you an override if you haven’t attended the orientation and haven’t applied by the deadline above.
APPLYING FOR INTERNSHIP BY THE DEADLINE ABOVE AND ATTENDING A MANDATORY ORIENTATION IS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN BE REGISTERED FOR GRA2942 – INTERNSHIP IN GRAPHICS (The internship office will register you for the course only once you have completed the steps above).