The Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens is seeking a web & marketing intern for 10 + hours per week for 15 weeks. 150-180 hours total.
Candidates should be of Junior/Senior or higher status with a 3.0 or better. Candidates may receive educational credit if approved by their department. Candidates will be asked to complete an on-site interview with the Executive Director prior to the start of the internship.
Debbie Komanski, Executive Director
The Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens
633 Osceola Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789
Position Description: Web and Marketing Internship
Intern will work under the guidance of the Director of Museum Operations in the museum’s administration department. Intern will focus on duties outlined by the operations director and the Executive Director for the non-profit organization APMSG and assist in the updating of the Polasek’s website, expanding website links, expanding keywords and developing and executing a viral marketing campaign for the museum, programs and exhibits. Duties will include:
- Working with the email system
- Attending strategic meetings
- Using PastPerfect museum data system (training will be provided)
- Formatting and uploading image and word files to website using WordPress (training will be provided)
- Distributing marketing materials via email, web and other media outlets
- Researching online travel and blog sites containing Polasek information and verifying correctness of info/updating info as needed
- Updating PR lists for future event announcements
- Other tasks deemed necessary by Executive Director or Director of Museum Operations
At the end of the semester, the intern will present an overview of the accomplished tasks and their benefit to the organization.
Mid-term and end-of-term evaluations will be done by the Executive Director and the Director of Museum Operations and sent to the professor.
- Enthusiastic, cheerful individual who is willing to work independently
- Dependable and punctual team player who can maintain the flexibility
- required in a small museum setting
- Ability to work with the public in a professional manner
- Strong computer/web skills
Categories: job/intern opportunities