Production Assistant: Art Department
The Production Assistant would work under the supervision of the Art Director and Associate Art Director to create and maintain content for the web, e-newsletter campaigns, and other forms of online and mobile media. They’re primary responsibility will be the general maintenance of our website through our content management system, Rivista. This individual would also work closely in a supportive role to help complete various tasks and production for the Art, Marketing, Advertising Services, and Editorial departments.
This is an excellent opportunity for an advanced student or a freelancer looking to supplement their income.
Position: Temporary/Part Time (September 2014 through December 2014)
Hours: 12 hours/week (2 6-hour shifts or 3 4-hour shifts), days flexible
Pay: $7.93/hour, paid biweekly
- Current student in a web development, graphic design or digital media program; or a minimum of a 2-year college degree in a similar field.
- Proficient Adobe user, mainly Adobe Photoshop, though use of InDesign use will also be required.
- Experienced Mac user
- Understanding of basic HTML and CSS
- Able to use layers masks, clipping paths and various photo editing techniques in Photoshop
- Keen understanding of Facebook and Twitter
- Knowledgeable in preparing files for web
- Very organized with a great eye for detail
- Able to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Motivated, team player with a strong work ethic (and a sense of humor)
- Convert and optimize print content (text, images and pdfs) from Orlando Magazine and Orlando Home + Garden Magazine for implementation into website
- Build articles for all publications using content management system
- Design web ads and graphics as needed
- Build online forms and collect data for in-house promotions and contests
- Upload client ad campaigns to the ad network
- Maintain various searchable online listings
- Add events to our online Calendar
- Build and proof out monthly and quarterly e-newsletters for Orlando Magazine and Orlando Home+Garden, respectively, as well as occasional sponsored e-newsletters when requested by advertisers
- Create graphics for use in social media implementation and on our blogs
- Post to and maintain Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Build blog posts in content management system
- Convert original print-formatted pdfs for Orlando Magazine and Orlando Home+Garden issues into optimized pdfs and submit for digital editions
- Assist with the layout of profile pages for the December doctor’s issue (including building and editing pages in InDesign through use of a template).
- Formatting photos and processing PDFs for print, as needed.
If interested, email a cover letter, resume and a link to your portfolio (or a PDF of your best work) to:email@example.com