Push | Web Developer Job Description
Push is an award-winning, full-service branding agency located in Downtown Orlando. Push’s capabilities cover everything from advertising and public relations, to research, brand planning, promotions, media buying and interactive design. A dynamic and growing agency, Push focuses on developing strategic, creative and influential work for a variety of more than 30 regional, national and international clients. Push builds brands by bringing creativity and innovation to every client campaign by combining experience with a unique and collaborative culture.
Our motto? Make Cool Shit.
We are currently seeking to fill the position of Web Developer in our Orlando, FL office whose key role is to deliver digital-based projects and campaigns on time and on budget. Applicants must be ready to hit the ground running and jump into projects immediately.
Applicants should be comfortable working in an agile development environment with Git-based version control and should have a creative approach to solving problems.
- Performs implementation tasks alone and/or in team environment.
- Codes web projects per technical and design specifications.
- Integrates third party and proprietary applications.
- Performs QA, browser compatibility and testing efforts.
- Perform web site maintenance tasks as necessary.
- Understands and enforces schedules.
- Understands and establishes version control (development and live) hosting environments.
- Field client maintenance requests.
- Demonstrates appropriate sense of urgency in inquiry response.Qualifications
- 4+ years professional experience in web development.
- Strong HTML and CSS skills (HTML5 / CSS3 experience a plus)
- Experience with the integration and implementation of 3rd party APIs and applications a plus
- Experience with WordPress and other CMS platforms
- WordPress custom CMS development experience
- Extensive knowledge of WP custom theme development
- Knowledge of WP custom plugin development a plus
- Experience with cross-browser and mobile optimizations
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong emphasis on pixel-perfect, standards-compliant code
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment on multiple projects
- Must be highly motivated, fast, precise, accountable and passionate
- Capacity to learn new technologies / programming languages quickly
- Understanding of basic graphic design principles and interaction design
- Familiarity with Macintosh OSX operating systems
- Ideal candidates can work in-house in our Orlando, FL location full-time, however flexible schedules and project-specific / freelance applicant requirements will be considered.Salary and benefits are competitive and based on experience. Other job perks and benefits.
Applicants will be required to present real world project examples clearly illustrating their contributions to the projects, code snippets, and other reference code to showcase their experience and past work. Applicants will also be required to provide client and/or employer references. Interested candidates should contact Samantha Anastasia: firstname.lastname@example.org.