If you are currently enrolled in or have already successfully completed either GRA 2182C Advanced Graphic Design II OR GRA 2143C Advanced Web Page Design, then you met the prerequisite and you should be applying for an internship now.
NOTE:: WATCHING THE GRAPHICS INTERNSHIP ORIENTATION PRESENTATION IS MANDATORY FOR ANY GRAPHIC’S STUDENTS WANTING TO DO AN INTERNSHIP FOR COURSE CREDIT NEXT SEMESTER. APPLYING FOR AN INTERNSHIP, WATCHING THE ORIENTATION AND SUBMITTING THE PAPERWORK BY THE DEADLINE MUST OCCUR THE SEMESTER PRIOR TO WHEN YOU WANT TO DO AN INTERNSHIP.
Here are the APPLICATION PERIODS and DEADLINES to WATCH THE MANDATORY ORIENTATION PRESENTATION and the DEADLINES TO TURN IN ALL REQUESTED PAPERWORK:
To be a Graphic’s Intern in SPRING 2018:
- Apply (Complete your Navigator in Atlas) and watch the MANDATORY Orientation between Monday, OCTOBER 16th and Wednesday, November 29th .
- Paperwork is to be dropped of in the East Campus open lab in 1-213 by Thursday, NOVEMBER 30th. OR the paperwork can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (please make sure attachment size does not exceed 10MB or they will not be received).
NOTE: WATCHING THE ORIENTATION, COMPLETING THE NAVIGATOR IN ATLAS AND SUBMITTING ALL REQUESTED PAPERWORK MUST BE DONE BY THE DEADLINES ABOVE OR ELSE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TO DO AN INTERNSHIP NEXT SEMESTER.
Who should watch the mandatory presentation?
Any Graphic’s student who has met the prerequisites and is planning to register for a an Internship NEXT semester. Registering for an internship must occur the semester PRIOR to when you want to be an Intern. (Graphic’s Internship Applicants must be currently enrolled in or have successfully completed GRA 2182C Advanced Graphic Design II OR GRA 2143C Advanced Web Page Design before they can do an Internship).
What steps do I need to take to be registered for GRA 2942C Internship in Graphics?
- Fill out the Internship Application Navigator on-line through Atlas. The Navigator is only accessible during the application periods noted above. You can access the login to the Navigator via Atlas or follow this link to the login prompt: https://valencia-csm.symplicity.com/students/?signin_tab=0&PHPSESSID=6acafed5951dc1f301671e032241df97
- WATCH THE MANDATORY GRAPHICS INTERNSHIP ORIENTATION. The presentation is located in the East Campus (multimedia) Server in the Teacher Transfer volume in a folder called “Internship”. You may also download this file onto your computer by downloading it from my virtual “Drop Box” BY CLICKING HERE. You MUST view this presentation in Adobe Acrobat Reader in order for the videos to work! Feel free to take the presentation home with you for viewing, just keep in mind it is a very large file and will require you have adequate disk space for storage. CAUTION!: The orientation file is close to 200MB, make sure you have adequate disk space before copying/downloading.
- Print out all of the paperwork requested in the Orientation and submit it by the deadline (DO NOT take your paperwork to the Internship Office! Follow the Orientation instructions for where to drop off your paperwork!) Not following instructions makes it easy for us to know you haven’t watched the orientation.
- Once your Faculty Internship Supervisor (the Graphic’s Instructor assigned to internships) has everyone’s paperwork, he/she will submit everyone’s paperwork to the Internship Office. Once that happens, the Internship Office will process your paperwork and register you for GRA 2942C Internship in Graphics.
APPLYING FOR INTERNSHIP BY THE DEADLINE ABOVE (by filling out the Navigator and uploading your resume and transcripts), WATCHING THE MANDATORY ORIENTATION and SUBMITTING YOUR PAPERWORK BY THE DEADLINE (noted above) IS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN BE REGISTERED FOR GRA2942 – INTERNSHIP IN GRAPHICS. (The Internship Office will register you for the course only once you have completed the steps above).