NOTE:: ATTENDING AN ORIENTATION IS MANDATORY FOR ANY GRAPHICS STUDENTS WANTING TO INTERN THIS SUMMER.
Two days have been set for the SUMMER 2012 Mandatory Graphics Internship Orientation. In order to register for an internship this SUMMER, you MUST attend ONE of these three meetings:
- MONDAY, MARCH 19: 1PM – 2PM, East Campus 1-214
- TUESDAY, MARCH 20: 5PM – 6PM, East Campus 1-215
- MONDAY, MARCH 26: 1PM – 2PM, East Campus 1-214
- TUESDAY, MARCH 27: 5PM – 6PM, East Campus 1-215
- MONDAY, APRIL 2: 1PM – 2PM, East Campus 1-214
NOTE: NO ONE-ON-ONE ORIENTATIONS ARE POSSIBLE AND YOU MUST ATTEND ONE OF THESE MEETINGS TO BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER FOR THE SUMMER!! YOU CANNOT WAIT UNTIL IT’S TOO LATE TO APPLY OR REGISTER!!
Who should attend?
Anyone planning to register for a SUMMER ‘12 Internship who has met the prerequisites.
How do I apply for an internship?
- If you have already taken (or are currently taking) the prerequisite graphics courses (GRA21826 OR GRA2143) you need to fill out the Internship Application form on-line through Atlas. The application must be completed by April 6th!! Atlas will only allow you to fill out the application between the dates of February 27th and April 6th. Instructions are here: http://valenciacollege.edu/internship/students/applynow.cfm
YOU WILL NEED TO PRINT THIS APPLICATION AND BRING IT WITH YOU TO THE GRAPHICS ORIENTATION – DO NOT TAKE IT TO THE INTERNSHIP OFFICE.
- Print your resume and select desired internship locations from the Internship Office on-line database. You will be providing the internship office with this list as a part of your application process as well as giving them a printout of your resume for them to send to employers. If you already have an employer lined up, just fill out the application without selecting employers from their list or printing a resume and instead fill out the area that requests the employer’s contact info.
- Attend one of the Mandatory Graphics Orientation meetings (dates above) and bring with you the following:
a. Copy of your unofficial transcript indicating that you have taken or are currently enrolled in the prerequisite course(s), and
b. Copy of your well-designed and edited personal resumé, and
c. Printout of your application from step 1 above.
Attending this meeting without bringing the paperwork listed above will delay us registering you for internship.
- Once you have been approved for an internship at the mandatory orientation, the internship office will be notified and provided with your application for processing (note this may take a couple of weeks). The internship office will then register you for the course and/or provide you with the override so you can register via atlas. There is no way to register for internship without this override and the internship office cannot give you an override if you haven’t attended the orientation and haven’t applied by the deadline above.
APPLYING FOR INTERNSHIP BY THE DEADLINE ABOVE AND ATTENDING A MANDATORY ORIENTATION IS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN BE REGISTERED FOR GRA2942 – INTERNSHIP IN GRAPHICS (The internship office will register you for the course only once you have completed the steps above).