Web Production Specialist (Temporary)
The Web Production Specialist facilitates and implements the technical and content objectives for various Starwood websites. This position is responsible for creating and maintaining website content and design elements that are consistent with company brand, design and content specifications and standards.
MAJOR DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development – 90%
· Update website content and images including articles, user interface, copy, headlines, photo captions, email blasts, FAQs, newsletters, user guides, photos, logos and other graphic elements.
· Collaborate with project coordinator to document and track all changes to websites.
· Troubleshoot issues with existing or developed systems, and work with the appropriate resources to resolve them.
- Leadership – 10%
· Maintain schedule of recurring tasks to keep Starwood websites up-to-date.
· Utilize scripting languages to create dynamic content solutions.
· Participate in production meetings and help resolve issues.
· Team Player
· Perform and assume other duties and responsibilities as required by management.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Four-year college degree with two years of related experience required. The formal education requirement may be substituted for equivalent experience.
Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience in the following categories:
· Standard web production concepts, practices and procedures.
· Solid PC skills including thorough knowledge of MS Office.
· Solid experience in Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash.
· Strong image creation/manipulation skills.
· Good organizational skills.
· Effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to sustain editorial “voice” suitable for audience.
· Familiarity with AP style.
· Experience with a content management system desired.
The Web Production Specialist will make recommendations about content enhancements and/or improvements to the websites. They solicit input from the business sponsor and make decisions on what technology and process is used to update and maintain our web site portfolio.
WORKING CONDITIONS, HAZARDS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Business travel may occasionally be required.
Approximately what percentage of time is spent performing supervisory functions? 10%
Daily contact with production team, developers, interactive team, sales and marketing.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD CONTACT DAISSY LINARES: Daissy.Linares@starwoodvo.com
Categories: job/intern opportunities