Give Kids The World Village (GKTW) is a 70-acre, nonprofit “storybook” Village located near Central Florida’s most beloved attractions. Here, children with life-threatening illnesses and their families are treated to weeklong, cost-free fantasy vacations, complete with accommodations in the Village’s whimsical villas, transportation, donated attraction tickets, meals and much more. To learn more, visit www.gktw.org.
GKTW is currently seeking an undergraduate or graduate graphic design student for a part-time Fall internship. Interns will be asked to work a full 15-week semester at a minimum of 16 hours weekly on property in Kissimmee, FL. This is a professional internship with a formal dress code, policies and procedures mirroring those of the professional staff. Students will go through an orientation at the beginning of their program and also have an opportunity to serve in multiple volunteer roles throughout the Village. Student’s primary work will be in a regular office environment, but travel to local offsite events may be common.
Internship dates: September-December
Job Responsibilities include:
• Designing for both internal (operations) and external (fundraising and promotions) collateral under the project management of senior designers.
• Collateral pieces may include: identity, flyers, rack cards, brochures, mailers, email, signage, mini-sites (if the intern is on a web-design track)
Qualifications and Skills:
• Good portfolio: Strong sense of design, layout and type
• Multitasking in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to learn and grow as a designer: able to take constructive criticism from lead designers
• Enjoys working in a team environment
• Good Attitude towards others
• Strong work ethic and deadline-driven
• Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (Dreamweaver, HTML and CSS a plus but not required)
• Microsoft Office: PowerPoint and Word
• Proficient in Mac platform
Students must be able to provide their own transportation to and from the Village. Although this is an unpaid internship, students will receive a $300 stipend at the end of their program. Interested candidates should submit a resume and 5 examples of their best design work in .pdf format emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon submission of a resume and portfolio samples, selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Categories: job/intern opportunities